The Third Reformed Church established Holland Home in 1892. A not-for-profit continuing care retirement system, Holland Home offers three senior living campuses, employs more than 1,100 people and serves over 2,500 older adults.
- Breton Woods: 424 Independent Living (IL), 58 Skilled Nursing (SNF). The Breton Woods campus launched Masterpiece Living in January 2009.
- Raybrook: 297 IL, 222 Assisted Living (AL), 43 Memory Care (MC) and 101 SNF. Raybrook launched Masterpiece Living in March 2011.
- Fulton: 190 AL, 82 SNF.
Goals for Partnership
Holland Home partnered with Masterpiece Living (MPL) to reposition themselves as an active living community in Grand Rapids, Michigan, where people will live better, longer. Using MPL as a platform for measurement and culture enhancement, they wanted to improve the health of residents and create a university-like environment where everyone is dedicated to growth as individuals. Their main concern how to effectively integrate MPL a month 1,000 IL residents on two different campuses without adding staff and committing additional financial resources.
- Partner with Local Organizations. Use of the MPL Review process and customized aggregate reports to strengthen purposeful programming, including partnership with local organizations.
- Empowering Language. Updated job titles to include successful aging language across all recreation, fitness, wellness and spirituality departments.
- Comprehensive Training. All-staff training and the creation of an ongoing Successful Aging Committee.
- Developed Internship Program. Instituting an Intern Training Program, in collaboration with a local state university, to assist with resident programs and the Review process, creating a valuable intergenerational initiative.
- Academic Collaboration. Utilization of nursing students from the Grand Valley Nursing Program (trained in the Masterpiece Living language) to promote, execute and facilitate the Mayo Clinic Healthy Assessment with residents. A partnership with Calvin College to provide intellectual on-site programming.