Valerie Ramsey is a popular presenter on the national circuit. Her role as a speaker is one she never would have imagined for herself several years ago. However, as her life progressed from wife and mother in her twenties and thirties, to the corporate world in her fifties, to modeling in her sixties, (while still maintaining her position as public relations/media manager for the famed Pebble Beach Resorts), to authoring two books in her sixties and early seventies, and just recently to becoming the Executive Editor of Fabulously 50+ Magazine – she has found herself in increasing demand as a speaker. Quite honestly, if you ask her, she will tell you that speaking and sharing herself and her stories with others – motivating and inspiring them – that is the role she loves most.
The path wasn`t always easy for Valerie, as she faced both cancer and heart disease just as her career was taking off. Not to be deterred, she persevered and went on to make the second half of her life even more phenomenal than the first half had been. Today, at 76, she is always involved in new projects – and still looking around the corner to see “What`s Next.”
To illustrate the life lessons she has learned along the way, Valerie tells interesting and funny behind-the-scenes stories taken from the modeling and media worlds, and from her 15 years in PR with Pebble Beach Resorts. (She was working there when Clint Eastwood and partners purchased the property, and she even went so far as to bring Oprah out to play the 18th hole with Clint and his wife, Dina!)
Valerie has been a frequent guest on The TODAY Show, Fox News, Hollywood Extra, and many others. Most recently, she has been featured in Vogue (Japan) as one of twelve influential women over 70 in the world in the article, “A Talk on Ageless Power.” In addition to the Masterpiece Living Speakers Bureau, she is with Premiere Motivational Speakers and is represented by Wilhelmina Models, New York and Miami, and Masters Models Silver, Paris. She and her husband live in south Florida. They are the parents of six and grandparents of eight. Learn more at www.valerieramsey.com
Valerie is the author of:
Valerie’s Topics Include:
- Lessons Learned from Time Spent with Oprah Winfrey, Clint Eastwood, Jack Lemmon & Arnold Palmer. During her years handling public relations for the famed Pebble Beach Resorts, Valerie met and worked with many celebrities, among them Clint Eastwood, Oprah Winfrey, Arnold Palmer and Jack Lemmon. These were special times – not only for the opportunity to spend some time with these world famous people, but because of the invaluable life lessons that she learned from each one of them. In this talk, Valerie tells stories about the experiences she had, the humor that invariably touched each one, and the invaluable life lessons that she came away with … stories and lessons that she happily shares with you.
- Creating What’s Next – It’s Never Too Late to Be Who You Might Have Been. “It’s simply not true that we have to look at retirement as the end – we should continue to explore life, challenge ourselves, and look around the corner to see ‘What’s Next.’” In her inspirational speeches, Valerie discusses how she went from being a stay-at-home mother of six in her 20’s and 30’s, to entering the corporate world in her 50’s, and to becoming a model, author, speaker and magazine editor in her 60’s and 70’s. She talks about the obstacles she overcame along the way and the invaluable life lessons that she learned. Wondering how to decide what’s next in your own life? Wrestling with a big decision? Using examples from her personal experiences, and with entertaining, behind-the-scenes stories from modeling, TV, and her years managing public relations for the famed Pebble Beach Resorts, Valerie shares her secrets for navigating through life’s transitions, overcoming challenges and being a winner in the second half of life – and tells you how you can too.
- Resilience – The Art of Bouncing Back. Valerie’s life was bursting with successes and opportunities when – all of a sudden – challenges rose up along the way to threaten all of those good times. We all face challenges in our lives – it’s simply part of living – and Valerie is no exception. It’s how we meet and overcome these challenges that makes the difference. Valerie has faced having a child born with (in those days) an incurable heart defect. Later, when she was 58 and had just been promoted to her dream job as public relations/media manager for the famed Pebble Beach Resorts, she was simultaneously diagnosed with cancer and cardiomyopathy. And, just recently, she has overcome a different kind of cancer – twice. These were serious bumps in the road, but they were not an excuse to give up. Instead, she chose to fight back and continue with her career, and in so doing, she came away with many valuable lessons about the art of resilience that she now happily shares with you.
In a Q&A she answers such questions as:
- How do I adapt to new changes in my life?
- What do I do if an interesting opportunity drops in my lap but I haven`t got the confidence or the energy to go after it??
- What do I do if just as I am embracing something new, a serious challenge threatens to end my plan before it has even begun?
- How do I find the confidence I need to get through trying something new that has me nervous and full of butterflies?
- What are the most important things I can do to move forward?
- And of course, what are your thoughts about growing older – naturally and gracefully?