Already a popular speaker on the national circuit, Valerie Ramsey is our most recent addition to the Masterpiece Living Speakers Bureau. Her role as a speaker is one she never would have imagined for herself several years ago. However, as her life progressed from wife and mother in her twenties and thirties, to the corporate world in her fifties, to modeling in her sixties, (while still maintaining her position as public relations/media manager for the famed Pebble Beach Resorts), to authoring two books in her sixties and early seventies, and just recently to becoming the Executive Editor of Fabulously 50+ Magazine – she has found herself in increasing demand as a speaker. Quite honestly, if you ask her, she will tell you that speaking and sharing herself and her stories with others – motivating and inspiring them – that is the role she loves most.
The path wasn`t always easy for Valerie, as she faced both cancer and heart disease just as her career was taking off. Not to be deterred, she persevered and went on to make the second half of her life even more phenomenal than the first half had been. Today at 76 she is always involved in new projects – and still looking around the corner to see “What`s Next.”
To illustrate the life lessons she has learned along the way, Valerie tells interesting and funny behind-the-scenes stories taken from the modeling and media worlds, and from her 15 years in PR with Pebble Beach Resorts. (She was working there when Clint Eastwood and partners purchased the property, and she even went so far as to bring Oprah out to play the 18th hole with Clint and his wife, Dina!)
Valerie has been a frequent guest on The TODAY Show, Fox News, Hollywood Extra, and many others. In addition to the Masterpiece Living Speakers Bureau, she is with Premiere Motivational Speakers and is represented by Wilhelmina Models, New York and Miami, and Masters Models Silver, Paris. She and her husband live in south Florida. They are the parents of six and grandparents of eight.
Valerie is the author of:
Valerie’s Topics Include:
- Creating What’s Next. It’s Never Too Late To Be Who You Might Have Been
- Fit, Young & Vital – Insider Secrets & Professional Tips on Looking & Feeling Your Best at Any Age
- Nourish Your Soul & Enrich Your Life – Connecting Body Mind & Soul. The importance of fostering relationships and tips on how to do it.
- Resilience – the Art of Bouncing Back
- What it Means/Feels Like to be Ageless – An interactive discussion.
In a Q&A she answers such questions as:
- How do I adapt to new changes in my life?
- What do I do if an interesting opportunity drops in my lap but I haven`t got the confidence or the energy to go after it??
- What do I do if just as I am embracing something new, a serious challenge threatens to end my plan before it has even begun?
- How do I find the confidence I need to get through trying something new that has me nervous and full of butterflies?
- What are the most important things I can do to move forward?
- And of course, what are your thoughts about growing older – naturally and gracefully?